Blue Sun
the work of josh seligman
1/09/2006

Want to let everyone know I am not obsessed about the Democrat Blue idea. Where I am coming from with my Blueness is spiritual or shamanic. The color Blue is associated with the throat chackra and speaking up, out, and taking action! I would no way want to lower my abilities to mere politics. So Blue Sun is about living in a world where our creativity comes first, what is inside of our hearts and minds comes out for the benefit of society, healing, or use without evil or power based intentions. Now let's enter that world.

Had a great experience at Columbus's Gallery Hop this past Saturday. It was 35 degrees which is tropical for this time of year and the crowds were thin so you could actually move through the galleries with ease. This city has gone from slow to go and now with the Red State mentality sneaking it, it is changing, but still Artistic. Let's look at that. The two shows that had the best work were at the new Katherine Gallery and the Mahan Gallery. Both had modern art that was talented and inspiring. Like I said there has to be a thought, purpose, and technique to the Art for me to like it. Don't believe just throwing paint on a canvas has much to add to civilization as we know it, yes it may be beautiful and that is enough, but come on. Why spend all that money to learn something in college and then just throw paint? I just don't get that.

Back to the Gallery Hop. Met some cool dudes from an artist in residency program in Coshockton, OH at the Mahan Gallery. The show there was on Phobias and the 4 artists involved looked at the darkness of life. Some of the work was Low Browish from Calilfornia, think that is what it is called? A very Tim Burton look to a lot of it. Just amazing. Then there was a show at Roy G Biv. that just was eerie with grotesque mannequins body parts. You just never know what you will run into at the shows and that makes me grateful for having this routine for my 10th year here. Really liked studying some of the work this weekend, always makes it tolerable to make it through another month. The Mid'west can be hard on Artists! No news there I am sure.

Happy to have created 3 paintings this week. 2 worked one didn't. I'll try and get them up for you all soon. They are part of the next incarnation of my line drawings and symbols. Am so excited, now it is just logistics and how to visually produce them so they give the look I want. Love it when something shifts inside but now, oh boy, have my hands full. This week I finished the last week of the Artist's Way. A must experience for any Artist to get your creative juices flowing and focused. Check it out if you haven't tried it yet. No need for another depressed Artist in this world, right? Kinda want to piggy back on that idea and write a Health and Wellness book for Artists with my Polarity Therapy background. Give me some feedback and let me know if you would bite, okay?

That's it for me today. Stay positive and politically aware in these crazy times. Until later.

-JOSHUA '06

posted at 12:18 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get great blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com