Blue Sun
the work of josh seligman
1/05/2006

Thanks go to Priscilla for beautifully framing my pics. If you don't know who she is yet, you'll have to check out her writings and films to know she is a force to be wreckoned with. Check her out! Oh yeah, and her hubby to be, Manny is a brilliant writer and playwright as well.
So happy that you all can see more of what I have been talking about in the past posts. It was pure symbol love for me this past year. Loved developing the idea of what can I do to design 4 simple shapes into a form of non verbal communication. Some of my musician friends said it looks like I am composing a song, the way the lines are written. Thanks Charlie and Arv. Yeah, painting can be a way of visually singing. Like that idea a lot.
The primary purpose was to get an energy moving and flowing across the canvas. Felt great composing from my sketches to the painting. I am not a stream of consciousness painter, per se. I do experiment a lot, but usually see the image in my mind before creating. It can be such a curse because, I can't rest until it is on the canvas. My mind constantly calls me to produce while going about my life's responsibilities. Scared me for a while in my early 20's, now I just know to get the images down within a certain amount of time, so I don't go mad... Feel Art is so much of a process and when I respect that process and work with it, instead of ignoring my creativity, I feel great!
Last night, I worked on 3 paintings. I am in the beginning stages of making those images SAY something. That is all I will tell you for now. Can't wait to see where this will take me and want these symbols up in Times Square, NYC someday for an alternative form of communication, plus I think they just look really cool! Well, until later then.

Democracy,

Joshua

posted at 1:09 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get great blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com