Blue Sun
the work of josh seligman
3/03/2006



"Remembering the First Steps" Acrylic on Canvas 11" x 16"

Wow! I couldn't believe what came out of this group of 4 paintings. This was the darkest painting I have done in a long time. It was such a fury of colors, at least 12 before I put the "Light Alphabet" on it. Honestly, this painting shook me. The idea of the Forest came up when I stepped back from it after about an hour of throwing paint down. It only made sense, so then I remembered a time in my life, where I had to go somewhere I didn't want to go, and here we are. Back to this place or memory, that is hauntingly beautiful, like much of life, no? What I love is there is no intentional painting of trees or path, all the strokes are lines or smudges of some sort, that is the goal of abstraction, to make something not a tree look like a tree. Jackson Pollock was great at that so I dedicate this to him today.


posted at 1:34 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get great blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com