Blue Sun
the work of josh seligman
11/26/2006

Myself and Lindsay
Lindsay and Noah
My sun paintings from 2004
The Symphonic Heartbeats from 2005
These are the remaining photos from my show at Stauf's Coffee House Oct 1-31st, 2006. It felt really good to be helping out a friend of mine when the artist of the month didn't show up. Felt even better choosing my abstract work from 2004-2006 to showcase. I really liked how the show looked together. You don't know if different series will work together and they did. I kept my surrealist paintings at Well's Landing Gallery in the Short North. Funny how the Sun paintings lead to the Go! paintings and it worked. Got a lot of good feedback from coffee goers and kinda became a local celebrity for a minute. There would be a hush or murmur when I walked in the room to show another group of friends or potential buyers my work. It also felt very homey being in a very familiar place to me even though I had lived in NM and NYC in between my stays in Columbus. I was just grateful to give back to the community that supports me in Grandview. Plus, always great to hang out with Noah and Lindsay when I get a chance.

posted at 12:35 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get great blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com