Blue Sun
the work of josh seligman
11/12/2006

Stauf's coffee roasters, columbus, OH Oct. 2006
Hello all, sorry it has been a while, October was a helluva month. The city had Show Columbus and the opening of BoMA - Bar of Modern Art. I had 2 shows simultaneously, a one man show of 25 paintings at Stauf's and 4 paintings at Well's Landing Gallery in the Short North. I was in the October Gallery Hop.
Seen here is myself infront of 2 of my latest paintings, the Go! Paintings at Stauf's. Funny, I used to work here in 1998-99 and now I am a featured artist here. Felt really good and a little weird because so much has changed since then, but in a good way. Heard a fantastic techno band called the Avalanche play while I set up. Over the month period I brought in friends and aquaintences and directed people from BoMA to my show here. I am a gallery assistant there and try and sell their paintings, so after my schpeel about BoMA artists I'd ask them to visit my show. I got a good reception from people other than friends and it was a good time.
Things were bittersweet when I took the show down, there are so many memories there, old and now new. I'll have more photos up soon. Until next time.
-Joshua 2006


posted at 11:27 PM

Comments:
great stuff, love it.
www.zhibit.org/cmejias
if you would like to see some of my photography.

TAKE CARE!
 
Post a Comment
Get great blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com