Blue Sun
the work of josh seligman
3/09/2007

Secret Meanings: Go! Paintings are a cultural phenomenon. These paintings are part autobiographical but also universal. Everyone in, at least the U.S., is very busy, so busy it is maddening at times. I wanted to visually show this. It may not make sense at the time but there is a thread through it all, and that is our Path. The Path in the spiritual context is different for everyone but I wanted to create images to convey those truths. So yes, these paintings could be seen as something bigger, a revelation, or an aberration. Just depends on the viewer.
There were special moments during each piece for me. The ones most memorable were sobbing during the song, " Run" by Snow Patrol while I was painting, "The Mountain and the Rose". Yes, that painting is about the heart and love... Believe it or not there is a group called Morningwood and they have a song called, "Jetsetter" that always turns me out and was perfect with "Sun Pollution". On "Scissors and A Clumsy Superhero" the song, "The Story" by 30 Seconds to Mars took me to another place. With "Columbus(My Liberation) and the Cat", Madonna's, "The Power of Goodbye" reminded me of everything I have overcome since moving to Columbus, OH. Feel that piece is about spiritual growth for me and of course, the last moments of painting this final piece at 2:30 am, NIN, "Happiness in Slavery" from the Woodstock '94 concert, finished off the seven pieces and 9 weeks of work. No, I don't do drugs, these paintings were produced with Joy and Love, that is where the energy comes from. Love is more powerful than fear or hatred, we just have to plug into it and practice it, then, it just flows...
I hope you enjoy my new works, just as much as I enjoyed producing them, a lot of play and dancing went into these while I painted!
" A secret is something... you tell one another...so I'm telling...you, CHILD!" - U2's "The Fly"
With all my heart,

-Joshua 2007

posted at 10:01 PM

Comments: Post a Comment
Get great blog templates like this one from BlogSkins.com